Since it is the end of 2014, I thought I’d take some time reflect on myself and what I did this year. This post isn’t sarcastic at all (unlike my other posts); it’s quite deep and it’s meant to be taken seriously. I took the time to collect my thoughts and really think about who I am. It’s everything I’ve got in my heart and more. If that’s not your cup of tea, then look forward to the posts following after this which are much more fun and less personal. With that being said, this is what I did right (trying to stay positive here) this year and my goals for 2015.
– I started a blog.
– I started homeschooling.
– I approached a publisher and got a book deal (I’M WRITING/ GETTING MY BOOK PUBLISHED)
– I read more than ever and kept on learning when possible.
– I wasn’t afraid to try new things and frequently went outside of my comfort zone.
– I saw the world with my own eyes and realized what it really had to offer.
– I got out of my trance of “I’m still a kid”.
– I learned to accept myself for who I am.
– I figured out what I’m going to do with my life and how to move forward.
Looking Forward to 2015 (Ha! See what I did there? Looking forward as in “moving forward” but then I’m also excited for 2015? No? Ok, nevermind.)
– Become more down to earth; selflessness.
– Set reasonable goals.
– Interact with others more.
– Help others and be more charismatic.
– Stick to my gut.
– Put school as my priority.
– Let go of the little things and move on.
– Be more productive.
– Appreciate what I already have.
– Worry less and enjoy more.
– Be a better person in general.
– Continue blogging with a plan, most likely 2-4 posts per week, including an outfit post.
– Re-brand this blog.
– Build a community and start accepting contributors/ guest posts.
– Learn to take my own outfit photos.
– Build a serious portfolio.
– Prepare my book for publication.
– Submit my writing to different blogs and magazines.
– Write the fictional novel I’ve been dying to write.
– Forget about the little things and move on.
– Exercise more (cliché but I’m horrible at this) and maybe pick up a sport.
– Drink more water.
– Go to sleep early.
– Learn to use my planners properly and stop doodling in them.
– Draw and paint more, but not in my planners.
– Build my following around the web. I currently average around 100 on all platforms, but would love to be at at least an average of 100,000 by the end of 2015. Talk about numbers, I know (aaaaaaaand we’re back with the sarcasm and jokes).
I think that’s all I have for today. Take the time to reflect on yourself and your actions this past year. What did you do right? What could have you done to make the year better? What are your plans for 2015?